Los Angeles Residential Mortgage Backed Securities Litigation Lawyers
Litigation Services For Clients Across The United States
Lysaght Law Group LLP is one of Southern California’s pre-eminent litigation firms representing clients involved in securities litigation and banking and financing disputes, in particular, litigation involving residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS) disputes.
Attorney Brian Lysaght was the co-founding partner of the well-regarded litigation boutique of O’Neill & Lysaght, later O’Neill, Lysaght & Sun in Santa Monica, California, where he practiced for nearly 20 years, serving as lead counsel in many of the most high-profile and complex securities and banking litigation cases. His experience includes years of service as a federal prosecutor with the United States Department of Justice Antitrust Division, litigation partner at Glaser, Weil, Fink, Jacobs, Howard, Shapiro & Avchen and as partner and head of Southern California litigation at DLA Piper. On January 1, 2012, he co-founded Lysaght Law Group.
Efficient, Cost-Effective Legal Counsel
Lysaght Law Group actively works to resolve all litigation matters as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible; out of court whenever circumstances allow. In the event your case proceeds to court, you will have an effective team of experienced trial professionals on your side. In plaintiff’s jury trials, Lysaght has obtained five multimillion-dollar verdicts totaling more than $77 million.
From offices in Santa Monica, the firm’s trial lawyers advise and represent clients involved in securities and banking litigation matters in Southern California and throughout the United States. Call (310) 566-8166 or contact the firm by email to arrange a consultation with a Los Angeles residential mortgage-backed securities litigation attorney at Lysaght Law Group.
- GI Industries v. Republic Industries: Represented defendant Republic Industries in trial in United States District Court for the Central District of California in failed merger case seeking $50 million in damages. Obtained zero-dollars defense verdict for Republic.
- Konvitz v. Merrill Lynch Canada, et al.: On behalf of individual plaintiff, obtained $5 million in compensatory and punitive damages for securities fraud following jury trial in United States District Court for the Central District of California against Merrill Lynch Canada (2002).
- United States v. Angotti, et al.: Represented Robert A. Ferrante, the Chairman and 100 percent owner of failed S&L against 18-count federal indictment alleging mail fraud, wire fraud and racketeering. After full-length, trial Mr. Ferrante was acquitted on all 18 counts.
- United States v. Hedberg: Obtained directed verdict after close of government’s case for bank official in civil penalties action.
- United States v. Ferrante, et al.: Represented Robert A. Ferrante in civil penalties action under FIRREA brought by federal prosecutors after Ferrante’s acquittal on all criminal charges. Prior to trial obtained a summary judgment on double jeopardy grounds and all charges dismissed.
- In Re World Development Center: Obtained $65 million judgment against bank and bank official in federal court in Los Angeles.
- In Re World Industrial Center: Represented former bank president as debtor in possession of 100 acre parcel in Carson, California, site of planned NFL franchise.
Lysaght Law Group is sensitive to the financial burden of litigation costs and is open to discussing alternative billing options that meet your specific needs. For client convenience, the firm accepts all major credit cards.