Los Angeles Intellectual Property Lawyers
Litigation Services For Clients Across The United States
Lysaght Law Group LLP represents plaintiffs and defendants involved in copyright, trademark and other intellectual property infringement and protection litigation in Southern California and throughout the United States.
Attorney Brian Lysaght has extensive experience resolving disputes efficiently and cost-effectively through skilled negotiations and methods of alternative dispute resolution. Our goal is always to seek a solution that protects our clients’ interests, while also being mindful of the realities of the cost of litigation.
Alternative Billing Arrangements
Throughout your case, we provide a cost-benefit analysis and keep you fully informed about legal decisions and options for working out a settlement. You remain in control of the final decision to settle or take your case to trial. We are sensitive to the financial burden of litigation costs and are open to discussing alternative billing options that meet your specific needs. For client convenience, the firm accepts all major credit cards.
Under the direction of attorney Brian Lysaght, we have successfully represented clients in intellectual property disputes and litigation involving:
- Computer graphics and special effects technology
- Trademark and copyright infringement
- Aerospace and defense applications
- Wireless and online applications
- Advanced manufacturing technologies
Professional Credentials, Backed By A Record Of Success
Mr. Lysaght has earned the AV Preeminent peer review rating* through Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating and has been listed in Best Lawyers in America for 18 consecutive years. He has been selected for inclusion in California Super Lawyers every year since its inception.
Representative cases include:
- Semtech v. Lockheed Martin Corp (2003): On remand from United States Supreme Court, obtained directed verdict for Lockheed Martin Corporation in jury trial in Baltimore County Superior Court in dispute concerning rights to transponder time on Russian Loutch satellites. Affirmed in Maryland appellate courts.
- In re Miltope Litigation (2005): During jury deliberations in United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, obtained high eight-figure settlement from defendants in theft of trade secrets trial concerning electronic battlefield equipment for U.S. Army.
- Computer Sciences Corp. v. Cerner Corp., et al.: Represented CSC against software manufacturer Cerner in dispute re: defective software in $50 million computer installation.
- Cars Direct v. KPMG Consulting: Represented defendant KPMG in dispute over defective software for call centers. Costs of defense settlement on eve of trial.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.